Friday 8 June 2012

BAMBOO SHOOT'S SPICY PANCAKE / KEERLU SANNA POLO

Bamboo has got a unique taste and pungent smell. I love this in any form. I remember, my mom used to fry it applying some spicy masala and we all loved the crisp fried bamboo shoots. Most of the time I get fresh bamboo, which has a slight bitter taste. To remove this bitterness before using in a curry it should be immersed in water for at least 2 days and the water should be changed every day.
My mom used to store this in salt and use it when we wouldn't get fresh bamboo.  My fav preparation is Bamboo Stir Fry. Now I am going to post  spicy dosa....
BAMBOO SHOOTS SPICY PANCAKE

WHAT YOU NEED:

Rice  1/2 cup
Bamboo shoots 1/2( Pieces)
Coconut, grated 2 tbsp
Red chilly 8-9 ( I like it very spicy so i added more chilly..You can adjust according to your taste)
Tamarind, a small piece
Salt to taste
KEERLU SANNA POLO

HOW TO MAKE:

Wash and soak rice for 1/2 an hour. Drain.
Grind all the above.
Transfer this masala to a bowl, add water and mix well. 
The batter should be dosa consistency

Heat Dosa tava, when it is hot pour a spoonful of batter and spread. (thick or thin). Put generous spoons of oil around the edges. Cover and reduce the heat to medium.
After a few minutes open the lid, flip the dosa and roast well adding some more oil.

A side dish...
  

No comments: