Friday 25 December 2015

SWEET KHICHDI

Last month we had been to my sister -in-law's place at B'lore. She had prepared so many dishes and one of them was Khichdi. She had added broken wheat to the khichdi and I found that it was tastier than the one which I usually make.  I used to prepare with semolina, which was my mother-in-law's recipe and I had already posted it on my blog. So I never bought broken wheat for the dishes that I prepare. My sister-in-law gave me a packet of broken wheat so that I can also prepare this.


SWEET KHICHDI

WHAT YOU NEED:

Chanadal - 1/2 cup

Broken wheat - 3/4 cup

Coconut gratings - of half coconut

Sugar - 1 cup or to taste

Cashew nuts - 1 tbsp

Raisins - 1 tbsp

Almonds - 1 tbsp

Cardamom powder - 1 tsp

Ghee 
SWEET KHICHDI MADE OF CHANA DAL AND BROKEN WHEAT

SWEET KHICHDI

HOW TO MAKE:

Wash chana dal and cook with enough water till soft.

Add broken wheat and cook till it is soft.

Heat little ghee in a small pan and fry the nuts and raisins.

Add sugar to the cooked chana dal and broken wheat. Stir well.

Add coconut gratings and keep stirring for a minute.

Keep stirring till the khichdi becomes thick.

Add nuts and raisins and mix well.

Add cardamom powder too.

Finally add 1-2 tbsp of ghee and mix thoroughly.

Serve warm Sweet Khchidi as Dessert. 




No comments: