Wednesday 28 June 2017

JACK FRUIT SEED / BIKKAND SONG

Yesterday I got a big ripe jackfruit from a friend's place. I think this will be the last jack fruit of this season. Here I am the only person who eats jackfruit as well as its seeds. I always keep a few seeds and put remaining seeds in my kitchen dustbin. This time I thought not to waste and use each seed in a best way and my family make eat Bikkand. Here is the recipe which I prepared to day.
JACK FRUITS SEED SPICY CURRY

WHAT YOU NEED :

Jack fruit seeds - 1 cup, washed, peeled and cut

Onion - 1 big, chopped , diced

Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp

Coriander seeds powder - 1 tsp

Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp or as per taste

Tamarind - gooseberry size ball

Asafoetida - little , diluted in water

Salt - to taste
JACK FRUIT SEEDS

BIKKAND SONG

HOW TO MAKE :

Pressure cook the cut jackfruit seeds for 15 minutes or till they are soft.

Soak tamarind in 1/2 cup hot water for 5-10 minutes and squeeze to make juice of it. 

Mix red chilli powder, coriander powder and  tamarind juice well and keep aside.

Heat kadahi with a tbsp oil. 

Add cumin seeds, when it splutters add onion, fry them till they are translucent.

Now add red chilli tamarind mixture and stir well.

Allow to cook fro few minutes.

Then add jack fruit seed pieces, mix well.  

Add salt, asafoetida and some water. Let it boil for few more minutes.

Serve Jackfruit seed / Bikkand song with rice or Rotis




No comments: