Friday 8 March 2013

BILIMBI /BIMBUL PICKLE, KODIYAL STYLE


I got this recipe from my dear sister Rajashree Pai, a typical Mangalorean!
BILIMBI PICKLE

WHAT YOU NEED:

Bilimbis / Bimbul - about 30, medium size
Red chilly - 1 1/2 handfuls ( I hve put 2 handfuls and the pickle has become too spicy. My husband likes this way, so made it more spicy)
Mustard seeds -1 small handful
Asafoetida - kabuli chana size
Salt - to taste ( I added common salt to it and my meaurement is a small handfull)
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
BIMBULA NONCHE..

HOW TO MAKE:

Wash bilimbis and wipe them with clean cloth and keep aside.
Dry roast mustard seeds, asafoetida and turmeric powder one after another.
Heat 1/4 cup water and crystal salt together and melt it. 
Allow it to cool.

Now grind red chilli. mustard seeds, asafoetida, turmeric powder along with salt water to a fine paste.

Cut bilimbis in round shape and mix them in ground paste. 

Serve Bilimbi pickle with Rice, Rice porridge, Dosa or Idli.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now thats its made the kodiyal style its great to comment.
The photo has come out very nice.This is a all season pickle as Bimbul grows almost the year.