Saturday 30 November 2013

CHANA MASALA

Many times I prepared Chole, on that occasions  I had to depend on the powder which I had bought from the market. So I did not post the Chana masala in my blog, because the recipe is already printed on the packet. This time I made Chana masala myself. 
CHANA MASALA

WHAT YOU NEED:

Kabuli Chana - 3/4 cup
Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
Black salt - a pinch
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Red chilly powder - 1/2 tsp / to taste
Salt - to taste
Coriander leaves - finely chopped, to garnish

Tomatoes - 3, chopped
Onion - 1, chopped
Ginger - 1 " piece, chopped
Garlic cloves - 6, chopped

FOR THE POWDER

Black cardamom - 4
Cinnamon - 1 " piece
Pepper corns - 6
Cloves - 3
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Coriander seeds - 1 tsp
Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
Red chillies - 2
CHICK PEAS MASALA

CHOLE!

HOW TO MAKE :

Soak Kabuli chana in enough water for 8 hours or overnight.

Pressure cook the kabuli chana for 15 minutes.

Grind tomatoes, onion, ginger and garlic to a fine paste.

Dry roast all the ingredient for the powder one by one.
Powder it once cooled.

Now in kadahi heat one tbsp oil.
Add tomato paste and saute till the raw smell appears.
Now add spice powder, black salt, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, garam masala powder  and saute.

Now add cooked chana and salt and mix well. 
Add some water and allow to boil.

Finally garnish with coriander leaves.

Serve hot with poories, chappati or naan.


 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My fav.But the problem at home is my taste has always been "sweet and sour" while my wife's is "hot and sour".You have done it so nicely with generous amount of gravy which can be truly enyoed with Poories,Chapatis or Baturas.

संजय भास्‍कर said...

wow :)