Wednesday 3 August 2016

CAULIFLOWER LEAVES AMBODO

I am the only person here who eats cauliflower leaves or stem curry. Making any dish only for me is boring job for me, so I always throw away the leaves and stems. Today, when i saw the fresh leaves I could not throw it away, thought of making sanna polo with these leaves. But later changed my idea and made ambodos. Never thought this ambodo will be so tasty. I kept eating continuously one after another.... check the recipe below...
CAULIFLOWER LEAVES AMBODO

WHAT YOU NEED:

Raw rice - 1/2 cup

Tur dal - 1 handful

Dried red chilly - 7-8

Tamarind - small gooseberry size

Salt to taste

Cauliflower leaves with tender stems - 1 cup, chopped

Onion - 1/2, chopped ( optional. I like onion in fried ambodos so i add and it tastes better too)
MASALA

LEAVES AND ITS TENDER STEMS

HOW TO MAKE :

Wash raw rice and turdal and soak in enough water for about one hour. Drain.

Now grind rice+ turdal, red chilly, tamarind and salt with little water. The paste should be very thick paste. 

Add chopped leaves and onion and mix well.

Heat enough oil in kadahi.

Take a small portion of the mixture, make a ball and flatten it. Put in oil, reduce the heat and fry well on both sides till crisp. You can fry in batches.

Serve Cauliflower leaves ambodo as side dish or snack.

CAULIFLOWER LEAVES AMBODO

No comments: