Monday 11 July 2016

RAVA LADDU

After a long time i am making some sweets in my kitchen. When ever my friend makes rava laddu she used to give me. So never tried making rava laddu. Actually i am missing her laddus as she is staying in another town so getting from her is impossible.Today my daughter requested me to make these laddus. This is my first attempt and it is my own recipe.
RAVA LADDU

WHAT YOU NEED:

Semolina / Rava - 1 1/4 cups

Grated coconut - 1/4 cup ( together makes 1 1/2 cups)

Sugar - 1 cup

Cardamom pods 7-8

Ghee - 1/2 cup

Kismis - 1 TBS

Cashew nuts - 1 tbsp, broken
SEMOLINA BALLS


RAVA LADDU

HOW TO MAKE:

Dry roast rava over a low heat till you get aroma. Transfer it on a paper.

Then dry roast grated coconut till you get aroma. Do not burn. 

Allow to cool them.

Powder the sugar. Remove.

Powder roasted rava, roasted coconut and cardamom to a little fine powder.

Heat kadahi, put 1/4 cup ghee.

Fry kismis till they get puffed. Remove.

Add cashew bits, fry.

Now put powdered rava in the kadahi and mix well in the ghee. Stir fry for few minutes and put off the gas. Also add kismis, sugar and remaining ghee to it.  Mix well.

When it is warm start making laddus.

Now Rava laddu is ready to eat.

No comments: