Tuesday 26 July 2016

TINGALAVRE SARUPKARI WITH RED CHILLI POWDER /WHITE BEANS SARUPKARI WITH RED CHILLI POWDER

Here, in Kerala, we do not get white beans called Tingalavro. When ever we go to Mangalore we bring, because we love this type of white beans a lot. This time I adapted my sister-in-law, Roopa Bhat's recipe, she herself is a great cook and her each recipe is finger licking recipes, that I must acknowledge here. I know that my cooking is not up to her level, still I am trying to be one. My dear husband always praises my cooking, that is a great inspiration for me to try different, new dishes. Here the recipe goes ..
WHITE BEANS SPICY CURRY

WHAT YOU NEED :

Tingal avre - 1/2 cup

Tomatoes - 2

Garlic pods - 10-12, slightly crushed 

Red chilli powder -2 tsp

Salt to taste.

Coconut oil - 1 tbs
TINGALAVRE SAARUPKARI

TINGALVRE SARUPKARI WITH RED CHILLI POWDER

HOW TO MAKE:

Wash tingalavre/ white beans and soak in enough water for 4-5 hours.

Pressure cook tingalavre with enough water for 15 minutes after the first whistle.

Chop tomatoes and keep aside.

Once the tingalvre is cooked, add chopped tomatoes and salt. Keep on a medium heat.

Now heat a small pan with a tbsp oil.

When it is hot add crushed garlics, fry them till they become dark brown.

Then add chilli powder, give a quick stir, then it changes the color. put off the heat.

By the time the tomatoes become mushy, at that point pour garlic chilli powder seasoning over tingalavre. Mix well.

Serve Tingalavre Sarupkari with steaming rice.





No comments: