Thursday 30 August 2012

SPICE POWDER / MOLAGU PODI



SPICE POWDER
My mother-in-law never was out of any spice powder, rasam powder or sambar powder at home. She always had a stock of them, which she prepared herself. My hubby reminded me of this Molagu podi, when there was no chutney left for breakfast. My younger dtr also requested me to prepare this. I asked my mother-in-law for the recipe and I also searched online for recipes. Lo, I found each recipe different from one another. At last my recipe came out like this....:))

WHAT YOU NEED:

Udad dal  1/2 cup
Chana dal  1/2 cup
Sesame seeds 2 tbsp
Curry leaves 1 sprig
Red chilli  25 numbers
Asafoetida /Hing  a generous pinch
Salt to taste
MOLAGU PODI...GOES WELL WITH DOSA OR IDLI...

HOW TO MAKE :

Dry roast all the above  ingredients separately  on a low heat till you get the aroma.
When cool powder the roasted ingredients in a Mixer. 
Store it in a air tight jar which lasts for about 6 to 8 months.

Serve it with a tsp of coconut oil; with Dosa or Idli

No comments: