Thursday 5 October 2017

TANDLA VODO/ RICE VADA

TANDLA VODO / RICE VADA
My mother-in-law's snacks  were very perfect and tasty too. All our guests liked and praised her cooking skills too. I know that I am nowhere near her, still I, adapting her recipes and try to be perfect.  Here I am presenting one of hers much loved snack that is Tandla Vodo. I have heard that Mangloreans dip these vadas in Payasam and relish. But I have not tried eating that way.

WHAT YOU NEED:


Raw rice - 1 1/2 cups

Udad dal - 3 heaped tbsp

Cumin seeds - 1 tsp

Butter - 1 tbsp

Hot oil - 2-3 tbsp

Salt - to taste

Water - to make dough

TANDLA VODO


HOW TO MAKE:


Dry roast udad dal in kadahi till it becomes brown and you get the aroma. When cooled make a fine powder.

Wash rice and soak in enough water for minimum 2 hours. Drain and keep aside. When all the water dries but still has moisture, then powder it fine in a mixie bowl.

Now in a mixing bowl mix rice powder, udad powder, cumin seeds, salt with water.
Add butter and hot oil too to form a smooth but firm dough.

Spread a plastic sheet and grease with oil over it. 

Make small balls and spread or flatten them with your fingers.

Heat oil in kadahi and fry the flatten vadas on a medium heat till it changes the color and crisp.

Serve Vodo / Vada as snacks.


No comments: