Sunday 27 September 2015

TOUSHE SWEET IDLI WITH THE FLAVOUR OF TURMERIC LEAVES

This guest post is from my dear sister Prathima Bhat Acharya who works as a Lecturer in Mangalore; so she rarely gets time to cook and doesn't get an opportunity to cook as her mother-in-law who is a great cook. Even now she does all the cooking.  I still remember her tasty dishes which I had a few years ago. Whenever she goes to visit her daughter then my sister occupies the kitchen. Yesterday she had sent me the picture via WhatsApp of those idlis which were mouth watering. I remember those days when we were small... We used to come from school and were really hungry to eat the dishes made my our mom !! The evening snack was along with blob of butter or a tsp of ghee. The taste is still lingering in my mouth that I had it in ages.  Here's Prathima's recipe.
CUCUMBER/ TOUSHE IDLI

WHAT YOU NEED:

Rice Rava - 2 cups

Grated Cucumber/ Toushe - 2 cups

Grated coconut - 1 cup

Jaggery powder - 1/2 cup, or to taste

Turmeric leaves - 2, tearing in to pieces

Salt - to taste
TOUSHE IDLI

HOW TO MAKE:

Grind coconut gratings in a mixer.

In a mixing vessel mix rice rava, grated cucumber, ground coconut, salt and jaggery powder along with very little water.

Cucumber contains lots of water so check while adding water.

Now grease the idli bowls with oil.

Fill the bowls with mixture, spread few pieces of turmeric leaves on the top.

Place them in the cooker/pedavan and steam for 15-20 minutes.

Serve warm Toushe Idli with a blob of butter or a tsp of ghee.

No comments: