Tuesday 24 January 2012

KASHI HALWA / GHARDUDI HALWA

I have not tasted this Sweet for many years. My Mom used to prepare this and in those days we children really enjoyed any sweet or eateries made by her. The taste was different and it lingered for so many days, even today the taste is fresh as if i have had it minutes ago. When my hubby bought 2 Bottle gourds, the first thing that came to my mind was preparing Halwa . I didn't utter a single word about it, just waiting for the occasion.  Today, Jan 24 is my hubbys B'day. I prepared it without any one's notice and kept this sweet on the dining table at the time of breakfast. He was surprised and I was smiling...


KASHI HALWA


WHAT YOU NEED:


Bottle gourd, grated and squeezed  2 cups
Sugar 1/2 cup
Milk 1 cup
Ghee 2 tbsp
Cardamom powder 1/2 tsp
Cashew bits 1 tbsp


BOTTLE GOURD/ GARDUDDE




GARDUDDE HALWA


HOW TO MAKE:


Heat nonstick kadahi. put grated bottle gourd and stir till it is dry.
Then add milk to it and cook the gourd till the milk evaporates completely.
Add sugar and stir till it becomes dry.
Finally add ghee, stir well till it becomes hard.
Remove from heat, add cardamom powder and garnish with cashew bits which are fried in little ghee.


Serve hot as Desert.

No comments: