Friday 13 January 2012

SPRING ONION DAUNGER/AMBODO

My Daughters always prefer new item to eat when they come from schools. I can not oblige all the time...sometimes I get too tired to make any thing ..or bored...or I can say that I am becoming lazy these days...at the same time It is my duty to satisfy their wishes.... And at times I whip up something. Look at this snack- crispy Pakode, which I  made specially for them... Why don't you try this and leave the comment????


SPRING ONION DAUNGER




WHAT YOU NEED:


Rice 3/4 pav(cup)
Red chillies 8-9
Spring onion 2 bunches ( chopped, 2 soup cups full)
Oats 3 tbsp
Ginger 2" piece, chopped finely.
Salt to taste
Oil to deep fry.


CHOPPED SPRING ONION..


HOW TO MAKE:


Wash rice and soak for 1/2 an hour.
Drain and keep aside.
Then grind rice, red chillies and salt together  to a fine paste. The batter should be thick so add very little water while grinding.
Add chopped spring onions and chopped ginger and mix well.
Finally add oats and mix thoroughly.


HOT N CRISPY AMBODO..


Heat enough oil in kadahi.
When hot, take a small amount of batter in hand , roll in ur hands, flatten a little and slide in hot oil.
Fry 5-6 in batches.
Fry crisp on both sides. 


Very tasty Snack, tastes good with sauce.









1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great name like a Daunger for this as it can separate it from those regular fried items.The colour and the spread is superb.Nice about this item is that it goes great with any beverage.