Wednesday 10 July 2013

CHILLIES IN CREAMY MASALA

I had some Long chillies in my fridge. ( These type of Chillies are used to prepare Bajjis). When my daughter invited her friend for lunch in the last minute, really I was in a dilemma because I had already prepared very simple dishes like dal and stirfry. I saw some Long bajji chilly in the fridge; I took them and while chopping I was thinking what to do and how to do with them. At last this Dish came out from Jay's Veg kitchen and adorned on my Lunch Table. 

WHAT YOU NEED :

Long bajji chilly - 7-8 (cut in to 2" size pieces)
Onion - 1 big, chopped
Garlic, finely chopped - 2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
Tomato -2 chopped
Salt - to taste
Coriander leaves - 2-3 tsp, finely chopped
Fresh cream - 1/2 cup

HOW TO MAKE:

Take some butter in kadahi and heat.

Splutter cumin seeds, then add garlic and fry for a minute.
Add onion and fry till they are just done. 
Then add chopped tomatoes and cook till they are soft.
Now add cut long chillys and stir well.
Add garam masala powder and salt. Mix well.
Allow it to cook for a while.
When it is done mix fresh cream in to the chilly. Mix thoroughly.

Finally add coriander leaves.

Serve hot with chappatis or naans.









No comments: