Wednesday 12 December 2012

TRIPLE TWELVE TREAT ( TTT)

Today morning my daughter asked me to make something spl as today ws a special day, with the date being 12-12-12. But there was nothing in my mind or any idea to make anything. When my hubby brought some coconuts from our garden I thought I will try with this. I also had some fresh carrots in the fridge. Voila! and I got an idea to prepare something new on this spl day. The outcome was a success and every one in my family loved this. My daughter Dipti named this 'TTT'.
TRIPLE TWELVE TREAT

WHAT YOU NEED:

Coconut -1 medium ( gratings from the half coconut and thick milk from the other half)
Carrot, grated -1 big
Vanilla essence - 3-4 drops
Sugar - 1 tea cup
Cashew nut bits - 1 tbsp
Ghee - 1 tbsp
SPREAD FOR COOLING

YUMMY 'TTT'....

HOW TO MAKE:

Heat non stick kadai. When hot, put 4 tsp of sugar and stir. Sprinkle a few drops of water in to it.
When you get a burnt smell, add grated carrot. Keep stirring till it becomes dry. Remove and
keep aside. 
Now add coconut milk. When it is boiling, add coconut gratings. Keep stirring till all the milk evaporates. 
Then add carrot gratings, vanilla essence  and cashew bits and stir again.
Now add sugar to it. Keep on stirring.
Finally add ghee.
When it becomes thick and a bit hard, put off the fire.

Now take a flat plate, spread a little ghee and pour this mixture in to it. Spread evenly.
Allow it to cool. 
Now cut the burfi in your desired shape.


No comments: