Wednesday 16 November 2011

COCONUT APPLE'S GULAB JAMOON

There still were so many coconut apples in the fridge and i dint feel like discarding them simply. I let my mind wander till I got satisfied with my new idea. My hubby requested  me many times  to take off this rubbish from the fridge as it consumes a lot of space. Today I prepared whats is my newest creation from Jay's veg kithcen...


COCONUT APPLE




WHAT YOU NEED:


Coconut Apple 3
Cornflour  3 tbsp
Sugar 1/2 cup
Water 1/2 cup
Rose essence a little
Ghee to fry the jamoons
Cashew bits 2-3 tsp
Cardamom powder a little


GULAB JAMOON 






HOW TO MAKE :


Wash the coconut apple and chop.
Grind it to a fine paste. 
Add 3 tbsp of cornflour to the paste and mix well.
Add Cashew bits and mix well. The paste will not be firm as coconut apple contains lot water.


Heat ghee in kadahi
Make small balls and fry in batches on simmer. Be careful while turning the balls, it may break because of its softness. Fry till golden color. Do not over fry, it may taste bitter.


Boil sugar and water together and make syrup of it. 
Add rose essence and cardamom powder.
Put the balls in sugar syrup and keep in the fridge for at least an hour.


Tastes good...





1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.