Wednesday 2 November 2011

POTATO SAUNG

I know if I post this reicipe you all will definately  love this dish. A very popular and fav dish of all konkani people. My daughter Dipti loves spicy Saung. Whenever I prepare Shevai, this curry must go along with this. This time I  prepared it in a different way and that too with rice. Normally I dont add coconut. A few days back I got this recipe while searching some other stuff....

WHAT YOU NEED:

Potatoes  2 boiled ,(almost 3 cups)

Onion  2 medium ( 1/3 quantity of potatoes)

Coconut grated 1/2 cup

Red chillies 8,9

Corinader seeds 1 tsp

Tamarind paste  2 tsp

Salt

  I am sorry to post this blurred pic, I think it is a right time to change my cam
GROUND MASALA, MASHED POTATOES AND CHOPPED ONION

POTATO SAUNG

HOW TO MAKE:

Dry roast coconut till it changes  the color.

Mash the Potatoes in pieces

Chop the onions in little big pieces.

Grind coconut, red chillies, tamarind paste, corinader seeds in a very smooth paste, adding little water.

Heat a kadahi, put a few spoons of oil and fry onions till it gets translucent.

Add mahsed potaotes, ground masala, salt and some water. 

Allow it to cook till the gravy becomes thick.



No comments: