Tuesday 8 November 2011

IVY GOURD FRY/ TENDLE TALASANI

I remember my Mom used to make this talasani with the seasoning of garlics. I love its aroma, it enhances the taste of the gourd. But here, at my place, my father in law never liked garlics, so my mom in law used mustards instead of garlics.  Here, in Kerala we get very big varieties of Ivy gourds and it lookd fat too, as this talasani  needed small varieties and very tender ones; so i cut it into 2 and prepared this. Do try friends...and enjoy ..:))

IVY GOURD



WHAT YOU NEED:
Ivy gourd 25 nos.  small, very tender ones
Red chillies 4
Mustard 1/2 tsp or Garlic cloves 5,6 crushed with peels
Oil 1 1/2 tbs
Salt


TENDLE TALASANI



HOW TO MAKE:

Wash well and remove the stems. Slightly crush the gourds with stone. keep aside.
Heat kadahi with 1 1/2 tbs oil. Put mustards or crushed garlic.  When it splutters add broken red chillies. Saute for a while.
Add crushed ivy gourds and  salt. Saute well. Reduce the flame to the simmer and cover the lid.
Saute it several time and fry till it is done. See that not to burn the gourds.

A side dish...



No comments: